My daughter and I made this Peeps Easter cake together.
I was going to just line the cake with the Peeps and scatter jelly beans on top, but then I realized that I had this adorable bunny shaped cake pan. My daughter thinks this cake is the coolest thing since iced tea, and is very proud of our handiwork. 🙂 I was surprised at how easy it was to do, and how yummy the Peeps tasted with the chocolate cake.
All you need are simple & inexpensive items.
“Penny Pinching Peach is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com”
Peeps Easter Candy Bunny Cake
- First step: Make your cake flavor of choice. We made a devil’s food cake in our 9″ bunny shaped pan. I can’t find the same one online, but this Easter bunny one is nicer and cuter, honestly.
- Second Step: Let it cool, then pop it out on a cake platter, Cake Stand like this, or large tray.
- Third Step: Ice it with your choice of icing, making sure it’s pretty thick around the sides.
- Fourth Step: Decorate the top. You can do a bunny face like we did, use sprinkles, jelly beans, M&Ms or other candy of choice, make designs with decorative icing,…just use your imagination and get creative.
- Fifth Step: Press the Peeps firmly and carefully around the side of the cake.
- Sixth Step: Admire your handiwork, take a picture, and show it off here!
April 2, 2013 at 7:25 AM
Keisha, your cake is absolutely adorable! I showed the picture to my kids (actually, they were peeking over my shoulder) and they were oohing and ahhing over it! My Mom brought the cake for Easter this year. It was pink lemonade flavor from a box mix with pink lemonade frosting. It was so good!
April 2, 2013 at 9:35 AM
I’m glad y’all like our cake! My daughter was tickled pink with it, to say the least, since she got to do so much of the decorating with Mommy. 🙂 Pink lemonade cake? I’ve never heard of that, but it sounds good!
April 7, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Sounds delicious and looks so pretty and fun!!!
April 8, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Thanks! We discovered it was even yummier if we microwaved it for a few seconds, so that it was all gooey. Yum! 🙂
Pingback: Key Lime Rice Krispie Eggs | Penny Pinching Peach
March 10, 2016 at 12:37 PM
LikeLiked by 1 person
March 11, 2016 at 10:11 PM
Pingback: Easy Desserts Made With Cake Mix | Penny Pinching Peach
Pingback: Tasty Tuesdays - Easter Favorites - Savvy In The Kitchen