My daughter and I made this Peeps Easter cake together.
I was going to just line the cake with the Peeps and scatter jelly beans on top, but then I realized that I had this adorable bunny shaped cake pan. My daughter thinks this cake is the coolest thing since iced tea, and is very proud of our handiwork. 🙂 I was surprised at how easy it was to do, and how yummy the Peeps tasted with the chocolate cake.
All you need are simple & inexpensive items.
“Penny Pinching Peach is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com”
Peeps Easter Candy Bunny Cake
- First step: Make your cake flavor of choice. We made a devil’s food cake in our 9″ bunny shaped pan. I can’t find the same one online, but this Easter bunny one is nicer and cuter, honestly.
- Second Step: Let it cool, then pop it out on a cake platter, Cake Stand like this, or large tray.
- Third Step: Ice it with your choice of icing, making sure it’s pretty thick around the sides.
- Fourth Step: Decorate the top. You can do a bunny face like we did, use sprinkles, jelly beans, M&Ms or other candy of choice, make designs with decorative icing,…just use your imagination and get creative.
- Fifth Step: Press the Peeps firmly and carefully around the side of the cake.
- Sixth Step: Admire your handiwork, take a picture, and show it off here!